K.I.T. Group is a global full-service partner for the holistic conception, organisation, marketing and implementation of events of all sizes and formats. As a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO), K.I.T. Group works with numerous international associations and companies from the fields of science, business, politics, culture, and sport to turn our customers’ ideas and visions into reality. We see ourselves as bridge-builders, connectors and enablers and stand for innovative solutions, structured planning, efficient management, and true passion for mutual success.
For our small but growing branch in Switzerland, we are currently looking for a:
Junior Conference/Event Manager
(Full-time, based in Geneva, Switzerland)
The organisation of international conferences is the core business of K.I.T. Group. The term
SYNERGY describes the different divisions of K.I.T. Group cooperating strategically for the
conference’s outcome. A successful conference combines knowledge and experience
from the client and the organiser. Synergy also refers to the benefits our clients can
expect from our expertise and extensive networks in medical conferences.
Our services include logistics, programme building, business development & industry
liaison, accommodation, and registration. With more than 170 pro-active and multidisciplinary employees from more than 22 countries, K.I.T. Group has organised over 4,100
conferences across five continents for 50 to 28,000 participants in over 35 years.
Our staff come from various backgrounds, including event or tourism management,
business, political studies, law, languages, and cultural leadership. This flexibility is an asset
when we welcome delegates from all over the world.
The Junior Conference/Event Manager helps with the delivery of multi-stakeholder
projects/programmes, in Switzerland and abroad. You will be involved in a variety of
tasks, from all service areas mentioned above. This is an all-rounder position for someone
who can cover a wide array of tasks. This role involves close cooperation with
Conference Managers and teams, taking the lead when required, as well as being able
to work independently on projects in a high-pressured environment.
Your tasks include:
- Project management activities including preparation and follow-up, logistical
assistance, as well as on-site support for our high-profile and complex
international conferences alongside our Conference Managers
• Service provider coordination including both internal and external suppliers
• Customer service in cooperation with the Project Leader
• Briefings, preparation of presentations, offer negotiation and operational
support, including any correspondence internally and externally
• Supervision and support of the digital component for webinars, virtual and/or
hybrid conference formats
• Project-related communication via website, printed materials and digital
marketing – in cooperation with our communications professionals
• Professional teamwork regarding all project-related tasks
- 1-2 years’ experience in the event industry, e.g. with scientific conferences, other
conferences, or trade fairs
• Successfully completed studies with appropriate professional experience
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong customer service orientation
• Very structured and independent way of working
• Team player and willingness to take responsibility
• Good negotiation skills and a feeling for excellent quality work
• Excellent analytical skills and communication proficiency
• Very good knowledge of English and French languages; German language and
other foreign languages would be a plus
• Experience with various social media channels and the drafting of newsletters
• Being technologically savvy and comfortable with using new tools or software
will be advantageous
• High work-load capacity and ability to handle demanding and complex project
• Dynamic, pro-active, hard-working, multi-tasker professional
• Willingness to travel
- Mobile and in–person office with flexible working hours;
- Opportunity to travel and work with various cultures;
- Attractive office location with very good access to public transport;
- Access to various company benefits such as a subsidy for Urban Sports Club, BVG company ticket plus subsidy.
If you are interested in working with K.I.T. Group, we look forward to receiving your application. Please send us your CV (without photo) with a short cover letter including your earliest start date and salary expectation to email@example.com.