K.I.T. Group is a global full-service partner for the holistic conception, organisation, marketing and implementation of events of all sizes and formats. As a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO), K.I.T. Group works with numerous international associations and companies from the fields of science, business, politics, culture, and sport to turn our customers’ ideas and visions into reality. We see ourselves as bridge-builders, connectors and enablers and stand for innovative solutions, structured planning, efficient management, and true passion for mutual success.
We are currently looking for an:
Association Manager (Grants & Partnerships)
(Fulltime, based in Berlin or Brussels)
The management of association congresses is a major part of K.I.T. Group business. Building upon the success of our core-PCO model, Association Management (AM) services are rolled out as a complement to our existing PCO services. The mission is to enhance the administrative, operational and strategic capacities of new or existing clients (all non-profit associations). Our vision is to help associations achieve greater impact and cost-effectively deliver value for the communities they serve.
The Association Manager oversees the delivery of multi-stakeholder projects/programs for at least one association. In addition to your Association Management role, you will be responsible for managing Grants & Partnership Programs for at least one of our association clients.
Association Managers are allrounders, capable of covering a wide array of tasks, ranging from strategic planning & advice to logistical/day-to-day operations for associations.
Your tasks include:
- Day-to-Day management of associations: daily communication with association leadership, document maintenance, association secretariat representation.
- Governance: organisation of general assemblies, coordination of elections, maintenance of constitution/bylaws, coordination & regulation of committee activities.
- Financial Management: liaising with bookkeeper/accountant, auditors, in order to report financial status to associations’ leadership.
- Consultancy: provision of advice on Brand, Marketing, Governance, Industry, Technology matters.
- Grants & Partnerships focus:
- Research, identify, and document relevant grant opportunities for associations
- Preparation of grant applications (proposal, goals, budget) for submission through online grant application systems of foundations/companies
- Development and maintenance of partnership with grant institutions
- Oversee implementation of activities/deliverables funded by the grant
- Implement reporting requirements of granting institutions
- Support with Association Corporate Partnership programmes
- Further support for association management Team as needed.
- A minimum of 5+ years professional experience with progressive responsibility in program or project management.
- Advanced degree (e.g. Business studies, International Relations, Politics, Development Studies, Anthropology) or equivalent additional professional experience, preferred
- Proven, superior program management skills: ability to coordinate inputs from various stakeholders, to track progress against targets and identify barriers to progress, to plan agendas and facilitate meetings, to organise, evaluate, and communicate information
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with diverse stakeholders and organisations, with a strong spirit of outreach, diplomacy, and collaboration
- Superior listening, verbal, and written communication skills, able to effectively calibrate input and synthesise information to connect with diverse audiences
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and enthusiasm in a fast-paced and complex internal and external environment as a leader and team member
- Superior analytical skills and ability to structure portfolio analyses and support strategic initiatives and investment evaluations
- Expertise and experience with one or more aspects of the medical industry and scientific research is a plus
- Expertise and experience with bookkeeping and business management is preferred
- Very good knowledge of English (other languages as plus), numeracy, copywriting/editing, presentation, administrative, general culture, international travel
- Very structured way of working and attention to detail
- A sense of humor
- Mobile and in–person office with flexible working hours;
- Opportunity to travel and work with various cultures;
- Attractive office location with very good access to public transport;
- Access to various company benefits such as a subsidy for Urban Sports Club, BVG company ticket plus subsidy.
If you are interested in working with K.I.T. Group, we look forward to receiving your application. Please send us your CV (without photo) with a short cover letter including your earliest start date and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.